Potion is seeking an experienced Senior Developer to join the Technology discipline.
Potion is looking for a talented web developer that can help build beautiful experiences in the browser and beyond.
We craft bespoke, artful installations and creative applications. Our clients are some of the world’s premiere cultural institutions as well as mission-driven organizations in technology, healthcare, education and other industries that value engagement with audiences in the built environment, and beyond. We share high expectations for reliability, interoperability and technical elegance with our clients, and expect that our Developers meet those expectations, and communicate risks early and clearly.
- 3+ Years Experience in developing browser-based software applications/experiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for technical and non-technical collaborators.
- Comfort with a wide variety of software design patterns, technical conventions and coding styles.
- An interest and enthusiasm for the full life-cycle of an experience project, from concept through support.
- Advanced Level
- ThreeJS, WebGL, or PixiJS
- Integrating third-party APIs, Services and Authentication methods.
- Strong Working Knowledge
- Local VM and/or Container Development.
- Configuring and deploying to Cloud environments.
- Developing for exhibits or public-facing applications.
- Asset modification or generation in Adobe Creative Suite, Zeplin.
- Integration with sensors, physical computing and/or custom hardware.
Domestic or international travel may be required based on project needs for client meetings, project installations.
At Potion, you will be an integral part of the entire lifecycle of interactive experience development. While the core expertise of members of the technology discipline is code and its application, you may be expected to perform the following functions as projects and teams require:
- Quickly ideate and provide estimated levels of effort and/or vendor requirements.
- Write and diagram technical proposals
- Research precedents of similar installations, exhibits, or digital products
- Investigate internal client and/or third-party technical platforms and services
- Propose hardware and software specifications and/or third-party solutions
- Qualify concept designs, price changes
- Create and document interactive or procedural code studies, proof-of-concepts
- Diagram and design technical architectures for small and medium-sized exhibits and/or digital products
- Diagram and design technical architecture and requirements for any sized exhibition or digital product or platform
- Write clear and concise technical feature lists and scope documentation
- Review and approve technical feature lists and scope documentation
- Collaborate with project teams to advocate for new and innovative applications of technology while controlling technical risks
- Review and approve use of any new technical architecture
- Qualify UX and functional designs, price changes
- Identify areas of “scope creep” and/or technical risks as they arise
- Create and document interactive or procedural prototypes
- Write high-quality, well documented software for exhibits and/or digital products
- Proactively communicate and present progress with producers and QA staff
- Leverage and contribute to internal software conventions, tools and practices
- Make decisions on scope for product releases with may include software, physical hardware or integration features
- Lead technical release presentations with clients
- Install and provision software on production infrastructure (physical or cloud)
- Commission AV and technical infrastructure with client partners and third-party vendors
- Review code to provide guidance and and maintain familiarity with entire codebase of projects with multiple developers
Email CV to email@example.com & reference job title “Senior Developer (Web)” in the subject line of email.