Potion is seeking a qualified software QA analyst to join our studio on a freelance basis.
Potion is seeking a qualified software QA analyst to join our studio on a freelance basis. The analyst will manually test software applications to ensure compliance with design and software specifications.
Expectations and Responsibilities
The QA Analyst will manually test software applications to ensure compliance with design and software specifications. This person will identify, analyze, and document defects in visual design, software application functions, outputs and content, report findings effectively to project team, and assist in issue resolution.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong working knowledge of Quality Assurance methodologies and software development life cycle.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and communication skills – written, verbal, presentation.
- Consistently available for pre-specified times during production phases, approximately 10 hours per week.
- Candidate must live in the NYC area. This position requires on-site work at our studio in Manhattan.
- Motivated self-starter, and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Candidate must be knowledgeable in Mac OSX, Windows Operating System, Microsoft and/or iWork Suite.
- Experience working with bug tracking/issue tracking software, like trac, trello, bugzilla, donedone.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience, preferably in the digital design/creative industry.
- Bachelors degree is preferred.