Potion Design is looking for a Unity developer with C# skills who can think creatively to work on multiple projects for museum clients.
Project 1: A large projection and game for a museum client.
You will be responsible for the front-end (client) side development of an application to run on a large projection. Ability to design a Unity app to receive user generated data, combined with other assets, from a mobile app and display results onto a projection.
Project 2: A large video wall and touch screen interactive for a museum client.
You will be responsible for the front-end (client) side development of two applications. These will include a large scale video wall LED display and a stretch display immersive touch screen experience. Both interactives will feature very large high-res video and animations.
- Create, debug, maintain and optimize the game experience
- Offer technical solutions, innovate and improve the quality of implementation, performance and usability of the editor, tools and tool chain as a whole
- Implement new game features in close partnership with the technology, design and content team of the project
- Implement for player’s experience and game performance
- Improve game features based on design requests after testing
- Develop the client side components for experience
- Develop for accessibility including support for interaction using a universal keypad and support for text-to-speech software
- Write technical design documents for milestones and internal use
- Work with designers and artists to implement and iterate on UI/UX
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in game development
- Proficiency in Unity:
- Solid knowledge of Unity animation processes, including mecanim, and particle systems
- Clear understanding of cameras, lighting, and shaders in Unity
- Familiarity with 3D software (Blender, Maya or Max)
- Familiarity with UV-mapping techniques
- Working with video footage in Unity environments (nice to have)
- Overall well organized in file management on project
- A skilled animator, able to follow directions through short motion studies and independently apply an animation style to turn still designs to life
- Good knowledge of C# programming language
- Excellent coding practices
- Ability to quickly figure out complicated systems
- Availability to work with new APIs and concepts
- Able to work on highly iterative processes and adapt for project changes
- Implement dual language experience
- Great collaborator and used to communicating effectively with both technical and non-technical parties
- Able to work independently
Projected Dates of Engagement:
Project 1: November 18, 2020-March 1, 2021
Project 2: March 1, 2021 – November 22, 2021