Potion is looking for Digital/Experiential Producers (Full-time and Freelance).
Potion is seeking experienced Digital/Experiential Producers to join the Production discipline. At Potion, the most creative projects are our best managed ones, and the Production discipline is at the heart of a Potion creative team — every aspect of a project passes through them.
The Production discipline focuses the combined talent of all our team members to create and maintain a shared creative vision. Creative, collaborative and grounded in consistency and structure, we leverage crystal-clear communication to promote an environment where Potion and its clients work together to push boundaries and make amazing work.
As our client’s point of contact, Producers manage client communications, product expectations, and represent the studio in day-to-day operations. Internally, the Producer manages the progress of our projects through each design phase, protects against scope creep, maintains the project schedule and budget and offers mentorship to Production Interns and Associate Producers.
This position offers an opportunity to work within a well-known design studio. Your fellow producers bring together diverse expertise to balance project management with research, writing, theater, storytelling, art, radio, film and more. Producers are a creative tool in Potion’s arsenal, always working to fine-tune design and software development processes and how they translate into finished projects. Potion’s Producers are advocates for both the client and internal team. We ensure that we have the time and capital to deliver on our promises, at the level of excellence that we hold ourselves accountable.
Expectations & Responsibilities
The position requires proficient execution in performing project management work such as:
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, defining the scope of current and new projects (goals, deliverables, schedules, staffing, SOWS, and budgets).
- Lead efficient and successful meetings and conference calls with the ability to clearly communicate project issues and resolutions to both internal and external team members.
- Collaborating with the project team (using the contract as a context) during the creative process and provide perspective on client’s expectations of any given project.
- Keep all projects on track by creating robust, easy to understand, and crystal-clear project documentation, i.e., task lists, issue tracking, status reports and meeting notes.
- Oversee the production of design and development deliverables to ensure they are on schedule and on budget; adjusting resource needs when necessary.
- Having a total understanding of the commitments made in a statement of work for both the client and the studio, and of the repercussions when a commitment is broken.
- Plan and direct QA and usability testing for all software phases; manage Quality Assurance resources, ensuring deliverables are high quality and satisfy Potion’s commitments.
- Assist with triaging support requests for launched products if/as needed.
- Promoting and maintaining friendly, motivational, can-do, team-oriented attitude.
- Supporting the development of junior Production staff such as Producer Interns and Associate Producers associated to the projects managed by the Producer.
- Assisting the Director of Production in hiring candidates to fill Production discipline needs.
- Performing one-on-one meetings with project team members, Production discipline peers, and Senior staff.
- General admin tasks: filing, taking meeting notes, scheduling meetings.
- Miscellaneous administrative duties as assigned by Producer-mentor or Director of Production.
The person in this position may be expected to perform other job-related duties, outside of what is listed in this description, that may be required by their supervisor.
Qualifications & Skills
- Ideal candidate is confident and self-starting, not afraid of technical details or complex subject matter, has an astute ability to see and understand the big picture, even if not responsible for specific details.
Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years experience in a professional setting producing projects, ideally in an interactive agency setting.
- A quick study who loves to learn about new innovations, technologies, and processes, as part of their job.
- Remains calm under pressure, is quick-thinking, hands-on and functions with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrates clarity, firmness, and fairness with clients, educating them as to the difficulties and challenges during each phase of the studio’s process in context with their respective contract with Potion. It is understood that these qualities will help to ensure appropriate expectations and good communications while underscoring the collaborative nature of this work.
- Well-versed in interactive design and software development process, confidently delegates tasks to all members of the team, including freelancers and partners, and oversees their progress.
- Quick to learn new, appropriate, and relevant software tools, and proficient in productivity software like Microsoft Office and Google Apps; project management software; development management software like Github, Trello; and basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong communicator with both creative individuals and clients alike, with excellent written and spoken command of the English language. Be a successful liaison between clients, partners and internal Design and Development disciplines.
Problem-solver, planner, and facilitator that supports the needs of our teams. Be a provocateur, think ahead, ask questions, raise concerns, and propose creative solutions for project issues on the horizon.
- Position deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment. It is important to have a detail-oriented, respectful approach.
- Ability to work on and contribute to a high performing team
- Ability to receive and give critical feedback
- Ability to work collaboratively and participate in the creation of a respectful working environment
- Conversant with and supportive of the mission and values of Potion
- Occasional evening/weekend work is required for attaining project final delivery deadlines.
- Domestic or international travel may be required based on project needs for client meetings, project installations.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with the individual’s experience. Full-time staffers receive a generous benefits package including three-week vacation, five days of paid personal days/sick leave and individual health and dental insurance contribution.
Please send a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org & reference job title “Producer” in the subject line of email. Please no phone calls, faxes or postal mail. Only emails with the above information will be considered.