Potion is seeking a talented Intern to join the Technology discipline.
Potion is seeking a talented Developer Intern to join our team. We are looking for an organized, motivated, and detail-oriented person who enjoys working in a collaborative development environment with a tight-knit team.
Expectations and Responsibilities
A development internship at Potion provides hands-on learning experience in a fast-paced, interactive studio environment. You will be exposed to all aspects of our creative process, from concept and design to development, production, and installation. You will work closely with developers, designers and producers to both learn from and contribute to projects.
This position offers a chance to make meaningful contributions to interactive projects that will reach large audiences across the country and around the world.
This is a full-time, 40-hours-per-week position.
The Developer Intern will:
- Take ownership of selected internal projects.
- Support developers in various capacities, including research, prototyping, and implementation.
- Participate in and contribute to various proposals and presentations.
- Collaborate with the design and production disciplines on internal and external projects.
- Actively ask questions and learn at a fast pace.
Interns will be assigned a mentor, whom they will report to and interact with on a day-to-day basis. In addition, interns should expect to interact with all developers in some capacity throughout the length of the internship. Monthly check-ins with the Director of Technology should also be expected.
Qualifications and Skills
- Some experience in a creative coding work environment, either academic or professional.
- A strong desire to learn and grow in a challenging environment.
- Some previous development experience in a creative coding platform, e.g. Cinder, openFrameworks, Unity, etc.
- Experience with creative tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to deal appropriately with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
- Ability to work collaboratively and participate in the creation of a respectful working environment.
- Ability to receive and give critical feedback.
- A strong portfolio with samples of creative, elegant code.
- Knowledge of web-based technologies (front and back-end).
- Knowledge of physical computing development
- Experience with machine learning or deep learning development
- Experience with native mobile development (iOS or Android).
- Experience with virtual reality experience development.
Things to Note
- This is a paid and/or credit internship. Length is 3 months, typically from the start of June to the end of August.
- Non-US residents must arrange for a student visa and sponsorship independently.
- We do not provide housing, but can help with recommendations.
How to apply
Send an online portfolio that shows the very best of your creative work along with 2-5 code samples, and a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.