Potion is seeking an organized, motivated, and positive individual to provide operations support to a creative, innovative design studio. 2+ years of office experience in a fast-paced, start-up, design studio, or creative environment. Interest in interactive and/or digital design a huge plus.
This role provides a true learning opportunity in a dynamic and well-respected interaction design studio. The individual in this role will have the opportunity to join a passionate, talented team and will acquire skills in digital marketing and studio management and knowledge about the operations of a small design firm positioned for growth. As you develop into this role there are opportunities for growth; new tasks and responsibilities will emerge to fit your strengths and the needs of the organization.
• Support and maintain a studio of 15 people engaged in highly creative, sometimes unpredictable work.
• Professionally answer, screen, and route all incoming communications including email, phone, and social media.
• Manage studio calendar.
• Manage studio travel using online tools.
• Perform various office management tasks, such as ordering supplies, filing, scanning, and maintaining various mailing lists.
• Issue project invoices and track incoming payments
• Track invoices for travel and other reimbursables
• Approve bill payments
• Coordinate with our financial services teams.
• Track A/R and A/P and provide regular reports to Principal
• Connect Producing team with Financial Services teams to maintain studio projections
Assist Principal with HR responsibilities including:
• on-boarding new employees,
• enrolling staff into medical and other benefit programs,
• maintaining employee employment documentation,
• updating the studio handbook bi-annually,
• and post job descriptions on job boards, manage paperwork, and arrange interviews
• Oversee the upkeep and organization of the office space, including interaction with building maintenance and vendors.
• Manage grocery deliveries and arrange for studio snacks or occasional meals.
• Manage studio kitchen and break room.
• Oversee office equipment setup, repair, and disposal.
• Arrange studio social events like birthday cakes, happy hour, holiday party, and off-site meetings.
• Maintain trash and recyclables, keep common areas tidy and attractive to visitors.
• Maintain office utilities.
• Maintain office insurances and relationships with insurance vendors.
• Maintain Potion document archive, including invoices, tax returns, receipts, etc.
Shipping & Receiving:
• Receive and inventory incoming packages for studio and projects
• Prepare and drop-off outgoing packages (including USPS, Fedex, UPS, etc)
• Open mail and process bills into payment system
• Support Principal with administrative tasks and occasional errands.
• Work closely with Producing team to coordinate studio needs with operational needs, e.g. job postings, time tracking reminders, etc.
• Assist project teams with web content entry and verification.
• Document and archive studio projects on completion.
• Provide customer support to clients via support ticketing system.
• Improve and organize internal studio processes.
• Update website content and imagery
• Assist with generating/ disseminating print, e-marketing materials, and social media communications
• Maintain video and photo archives
• Maintain publicity archives, including staff resumes
• Maintain studio mailing lists, party invites, holiday lists, etc.
• Maintain competition lists and coordinate submissions responsibilities